A new listing has been created for the catagory Conveyors in the Build Directory why not check it out and see what the competition is.
New Spiral Conveyor Technology
We are looking at conveyor belting for spiral conveyors in today’s blog. Building Conveyors around your needs one of the new belts on the market the compact spiral conveyor for the food and processing market.
Spiral Conveyor Belting has the following benefits.
- Uses a small footprint so you do not waste factory floor space only using a 1.5 turn ratio.
- The quality of the conveyors only using the best components ensuring it will last and have little maintenance.
- Easy access for total wash down and maintenance reducing costs and providing better sanitation.
- All plastic contact surface making it a great alternative for unpacked raw food products like meat, fish and poultry.
- Exceptional cleaning belt design has double slot belts thus stooping food from getting trapped in hinged areas.
- Stainless steel bearings so no lubricant is needed making it ideal for the food industry.
- Low friction due to use of bearings the spiral are driven by one motor only for up to 50M of belt. Meaning less transfer making it very economical
Spiral Conveyors provide a solution which has the advantage of saving space compared to a straight forward incline conveyor achieving continuous vertical transfer from low to high levels. Check out more information here
Over the last decade spiral conveyors have been replacing incline conveyors and we are sure it will continue to do so as the cost of factory floor space is rising. It would seem to be a natural step forward in the market today. Almost any type of product can be moved by a spiral conveyor including pre packed trays, cans, bottles and even loose products.
So to summarise the quality of these belts only one drive is needed, no lubrication, hygienic design and full width rod ensures a flat belt surface.
Today I would like to post a little more about plastic modular belts.
There are many conveyor belting companies that provide this type of belting but I am sure you have all heard of Intralox a manufacture of various plastic belts with a good reputation and high profile in the belting market. Providing quality and reliability. Below is just a sample of some of their belts for more information please contact direct. We have used them for some previous conveyor applications and indeed on a ongoing project at present.
These are Intralox standard belts
- PA ~ Acetal thermoplastics which are considerably stronger than PP and PE. Acetal has a balance of thermal, mechanical, & chemical properties and a low coefficient of friction.
- PE ~ Polyethylene is another lightweight thermoplastic which has a high impact strength, superior fatigue resistance with flexibility. It has a chemical resistant to many acids, bases, and hydrocarbons and can be used at lower temperatures than polypropylene.
- PP ~ Polypropylene is a standard material suitable for use in many general applications where chemical resistance to acids, bases, salts, and alcohols may be required. A relatively strong material in normal use, polypropylene exhibits a somewhat brittle quality at low temperatures.
Most of the time the standard belt materials will be suitable for your general use if not one of the following special belts can be supplied.
- Flame Retardant Thermoplastic Polyester (FR-TPES)
- Abrasion Resistant (AR) Nylon
- Detectable Polypropylene
- High Speed Intralon™
- Electrically Conductive (EC) Acetal
- Heat Resistant (HR) Nylon
- High Strength Electrically Conductive (HSEC) Acetal
- Impact Resistant (IR) Nylon
- Polypropylene Composite (PPC)
- X-ray Detectable Acetal
- Enduralox™ Polypropylene
Colours that can be supplied.
Intralox offers a choice of ten different product colours to meet your applications requirements, such as visibility for inspection, low glare, etc. Available colours: