Today I would like to post a little more about plastic modular belts.
There are many conveyor belting companies that provide this type of belting but I am sure you have all heard of Intralox a manufacture of various plastic belts with a good reputation and high profile in the belting market. Providing quality and reliability. Below is just a sample of some of their belts for more information please contact direct. We have used them for some previous conveyor applications and indeed on a ongoing project at present.
These are Intralox standard belts
- PA ~ Acetal thermoplastics which are considerably stronger than PP and PE. Acetal has a balance of thermal, mechanical, & chemical properties and a low coefficient of friction.
- PE ~ Polyethylene is another lightweight thermoplastic which has a high impact strength, superior fatigue resistance with flexibility. It has a chemical resistant to many acids, bases, and hydrocarbons and can be used at lower temperatures than polypropylene.
- PP ~ Polypropylene is a standard material suitable for use in many general applications where chemical resistance to acids, bases, salts, and alcohols may be required. A relatively strong material in normal use, polypropylene exhibits a somewhat brittle quality at low temperatures.
Most of the time the standard belt materials will be suitable for your general use if not one of the following special belts can be supplied.
- Flame Retardant Thermoplastic Polyester (FR-TPES)
- Abrasion Resistant (AR) Nylon
- Detectable Polypropylene
- High Speed Intralon™
- Electrically Conductive (EC) Acetal
- Heat Resistant (HR) Nylon
- High Strength Electrically Conductive (HSEC) Acetal
- Impact Resistant (IR) Nylon
- Polypropylene Composite (PPC)
- X-ray Detectable Acetal
- Enduralox™ Polypropylene
Colours that can be supplied.
Intralox offers a choice of ten different product colours to meet your applications requirements, such as visibility for inspection, low glare, etc. Available colours: